We all obviously need others to look up to, and be inspirational to us. Ford did a great job as far as putting the presidency back where it belonged, getting the trust back after Nixon. And President Reagan has been one of the most influential presidents.
All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
I’m a gay disabled man who has become very successful. I don’t get up in the morning and think I’m inspirational; I just get up thinking that I love horses.
Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.
Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.
- Hi Arthur, I’m a primary school PE teacher and about 40 minutes ago I showed my students your inspirational story. Normally they talk when a video finishes, but not this time. You could hear a pin drop – they were moved. So moved in fact, there were tears. You have inspired 22 young minds to dig deep when the going gets tough. Thank you.
- Who’s getting this 7 years later lol youtube at its finest
- I’m not crying. You’re crying. Who put these onions here
- I watched this 7 years ago with tears streaming down my face while I heard the song. I lost 40 lbs in that year. Over the last 7 years my close family passed away n my weight has shot back up to the same as 7 years ago. As this video appears to me again I’m reminded to get back up again.
- I kept my shit together until he started running 😭
- “Just because I can’t do it today, doesn’t mean I’m not gonna be able to do it some day” love that
- “Don’t let the opinion of somebody else be your reality”
- Doctors: you won’t ever be able to walk again.
Guy: Hold My Yoga Mat for me, please.
- “Don’t tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” 💪🏻💪🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
- In just 15 years Arthur managed to turn himself upside down
- Doctors: you won’t ever walk again
My man: *you said nothing about running tho*
- I’m 53 years old and in the position you were in. Maybe there’s hope for me.
- Imagine being one of the people who gave it a thumbs down ❗️🤯😥👎🏽
- “those who accept their fate, grant them happiness. Those who defy it, grant them glory.”
- I cried when he broke out in a run, wonderful story.
- All the dislikes are the doctors who told him he couldnt walk
- I’m not crying it’s you who’s crying 😭
- “Just because I’m not able to do it today,
Doesn’t means I can’t do it someday” –
I’m gonna remember this “quote”
- “just because i cant do this today doesnt mean i wont be able to do it some day”
do i need to explain this amazing quote…?
- When he fell into the cabinet I said, “that’s still much better than I can do and my legs have been in proper condition since birth” good job man
- As disabled overweight veteran this has inspired me and brought me too tears… my journey will start today
- Lol diamond just paid him more than his disability checks..
- I remember watching this year’s ago. Still gives me goosebumps now
- And lost about fifteen years off his face! Bless him.
- This is what i learned from this video:
Dont ever trust a doctors pessimism.
Hear what they say, follow their advice.
But if a doctor tells you
(and most of them do)
that you shouldn’t get your hopes too high, that recovery is impossible.
Dont believe them!
Its the doctors syndrom.
Part of them is still rooting for your recovery, but they don’t want to have hope for their patients.
Because if their hope gets shattered it destroys them from the inside, like it does to everyone.
Its a defense mechanism, they try to keep emotional distance, so that they dont get mentally destroyed.
Its sad but its the truth, you will see, many doctors who have to deal with life changing/threatening illnsesses, have become ice cold.
Don’t blame them.
And dont listen to the negativity they have.
They have no other choice.
- I’m not sure what’s more impressive, being able to walk normally again or losing 140 in 10 months
- All I was thinking through this was “GO ON LAD” “YOU CAN DO IT” my heart melted when he did it
- Doctor: you will never walk again
This guy: *runs*
- Why do we fall?
So we can learn to pick ourselves up.
- Doctors: You will never walk without assistance again
Arthur: *Hold my beer*
- Lol for 15 years he had been lied from doctors and others… Shame on em
- see yall after 8years when this comes again to my recommendations
- Anyone know where I can get the version of the song in the background?
- 7 years ago.
That’s a lot of time…
I wonder how he is today.
- Thats the heart of a soldier. Thank you for your service sir. I salute you.
- The real health care, not drugs, but a healthy life style and mindset, nutrition, yoga, meditation…
- I always come back to this Video, to prove me that we don’t have to give up like doctors say!
- Diamond Dallas Page is a guy in a million, all I’ve ever heard about him is helping people, A True Diamond ✌️
- Thx, I needed this.. 9 month since a car hit me when cycling.. Still recovering and I needed a succes story like this!
- this is the most amazing video on youtube.
- i think all dislikes are from people that give up unlike this man
- Never Give Up , that’s all explained. NEVER!
- He looked so unhappy at the beginning …. and look at him at the end. So much happier! Such an inspiration!
- I overcome something similar to this, and 14 major surgeries.
- Wow, that run at the end blew me away! Great work!
- 2019 and YouTube just now showing me this..Wow I was brought to tears so beautiful and inspirational.. Thank you so much for reminding me that all the minor things I struggle with are just that minor! Side note my father is a Vietnam veteran who is still going strong today so I have a bit of a soft spot. thank you so much for your service ! I salute you sir stay strong.
- When the lord said
I will never leave you or forsake you.
- Сила воли просто огромная!
- “Doctors said it wasn’t possible”…. Without diet and exercise 😂
- I cried when he started running. This shows that where there’s a will, there’s a way. Absolutely amazing.
- I can’t afford this, I’m a housewife and in a country with a very week currency, BUT I can find yoga on the net… feeling motivated muchly!!! 👍🏻
- Why is this video in my recommendations?
- I love this, WARMS my heart 💗
I’m so confused why are there so many dislikes?
- Lesson: never listen to what doctors say
- This is something that should appear on the YouTube recommended list
- I’m glad this was in my recommendations- ughh the things majority of us take for granted. This was such a reminder and an inspiration! 🙌
- “But More Importantly
They were wrong ” :)))
- When he started running I almost cried.
- chokes me up every time.
- When he started to run I burst out of tears 😭 gg man
- Moral: don’t listen to doctors.
- What’s Arthur’s status TODAY, November 11, 2019. Interesting that I’m watching this on Veteran’s Day, 2019. Wow.
It was great so see the transformation. Arthur, I hope that you are still healthy and vibrant. Thank you, so very much for serving our country.
- Kkk acredito que a yoga possa ter sido o fio condutor a mudança de hábitos, principalmente os alimentares.
- Nov 2019. That is f***ing amazing !
- Losing 140 pounds is impressive, but being able to WALK again is even more impressive. Thank you for sharing your story 🙂
- “Just because i cant do it today doesn’t mean i won’t be able to do it someday”
- Gordox é você?
- You are a brilliant person well done I’m proud of you😀
- Keep going…. a warrior never gives up. Prayers sent for you
- Doctors: you will never walk again
Arthur: hold my cruches
- Красавчик!!! Молодец!!! 👍👍👍👍
- I remember watching this in elementary school 😭
- this body is an illusion. this matrix is an illusion. this is reacting when you don’t care anymore about it
- Still one of my favorite videos on the internet
- *YouTube Algorithm has brought us together, after 7 years, never give up*
- This is a timeless story. It can affect you 20 years from now as well as 20 years ago. A good story is a good story.
- You just rock man.
- 0:58 Even Jeremy Corbyn was probably glad for you
- This is inspirational you lost a whole person of weight
- “Just because I cant do it today doesnt mean Im not gonna be able to do it someday.”
A word of inspiration to anyone struggling. Keep on fighting!
- Who’s cutting onions! Omg 💕😭👏
- Amazing! I feel as though his military training also began to come back into play. The ability to push beyond one’s perceived limits and never give up.
- I can’t explain how many times I cried while watching this 👌🏼😌
- He fell and stood up just like a baby. Literally.
- The 3.8k ppl who disliked this video are going to hell.
- Doctor: you will nevrr walk again
Me: i will one day justvu wacgh
- That’s similar to my situation I was told in 2011 I add three years to live my COPD and chronic emphacemia
- Just seeing this in Nov 2019 and bawling 😭😭😭😭 As someone who is so sick and in pain all the time you’ve no idea what an inspiration you and Arthur are to me!
- None of the yoga teachers I have had the privilege of practicing with would have turned him away.
- What the actual heck?! It took YouTube 7 whole years to put this in my recommended.
Edit: Sweet sister Francis! Over a thousand likes, I feel so special. Thank you all!
- Gotta thank this guy for he’s service too respect!
- “Diamond cutter on the concrete”
- I have to say this is one of the most inspiring videos I’ve seen in a long time! I’m sooo very impressed with this! Working w/veterans all the time in my everyday life and helping with va loans, by educating, learning from my vets and growing into a different person myself because of their little and big victories, has been the greatest gift God could ever grace upon my life. I live in Phoenix and our homeless population, many of whom, are veterans… men and women, who are, what many see as “broken,”; after seeing this video I feel more provoked too continue to share the amazing strength I have seen and learned about in my one on one conversations of the truest essence of what it means to FIGHT! ty for sharing! I shared this to my friends and family and hope that is ok.., because you are a force
Of life, love, and liberty! Ty for your service and ty to this yoga organization. I’d love to get to know you guys. Whether I’m in Phoenix or not… your understanding of what it meant to give hope for this man is clearly Priceless… and to this Man, who fought another day in the face of adversity… YES WE CAN … because of you.. the message can be shared and those who don’t believe can see… in its own beautiful way. The truest gift of a miracle! God bless and thank you all for your service.
- Que história linda 🇧🇷🇧🇷
- If he could fix that injury, I can fix mine, I’ll do it!
- When I saw him running I cried
- Disabled means not fixable :/
- This is amazingly inspiring 💖💖💖
- Military discipline never leaves a soldier, it’s a GIFT. BRAVO!!!!
Hope is some extraordinary spiritual grace that God gives us to control our fears, not to oust them.
Best Motivational Quotes – Workout Quotes Inspirational
If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.
We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
Sad Inspirational Quotes – Mel Robbins Quotes
The best form of flattery is to be admired, imitated or respected. I’ve always felt proud our fans look up to us or feel we are inspirational.
The undertaking of a new action brings new strength.
Sad Inspirational Quotes – Inspirational Poems For Women
Growing up, in church we had the homily; at home it’s what I call the ‘momily’ – the inspirational and instructive mom-isms that every family has.
Enthusiasm moves the world.
Short Motivational Quotes – Saturday Inspirational Quotes
When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started.